From the Politics Home Manifesto Asks Page
Campaign to Protect Rural England
Who we are
The CPRE exists to promote the tranquillity, diversity and beauty of rural England by encouraging the sustainable use of land and other natural resources in town and country.
– The right housing in the right places
– The right infrastructure for the right reasons
– A beautiful countryside to sustain us all
Who we are
The Kennel Club is the UK’s largest organisation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health and welfare of all dogs.
– Breeding – Review legislation on dog breeding to make the principles of the Assured Breeder Scheme mandatory and ensure it enshrines the principles of the Animal Welfare Act.
– Acquisition – Prohibit the sale of puppies in pet shops and promote responsible buying of dogs from breeders breeding to the standard of the Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme.
– Training – Prohibit the sale and use of electronic shock collars and adopt he Kennel Club Accredited Instructor requirements as an industry based standard for all dog trainers and behaviourists.
– Responsible Ownership – Update, consolidate and replace existing legislation on dog control with preventative legislation and measures based on the principle of deed not breed.
– Routines in Everyday Living – Record information relating to the Public Spaces Protection Orders from local authorities and require them to engage with local dog owners when introducing Orders relating to dog walking.
– Free from Animal Testing – Review the use of dogs as a second species for toxicity testing in human drug development in light of new research on the lack of usefulness of this practice.